I was speaking with a downcast friend one night recently, and as I was praying for her silently, asking God to take away the worry and darkness and sad thoughts, and breathe life and love and good thoughts into her, I heard His voice say I am, and you are my vessel. I began reading Psalms to her.
Earlier in the day a loved one came to me weeping in bitter tears after someone had verbally attacked them. I prayed over them, very simply, but aloud and with conviction, not knowing what had been the cause of emotional turmoil. That person has since mentioned several times how much peace came over them shortly following.
I say both of these examples not to show what I did, but what God does. His words hold power beyond what we are capable of comprehending. Prayer is a weapon against attacks of both fleshly and spiritual warfare. We have the ability to call on all of this power if we choose. We have the choice to be an empty vessel, to fill ourselves with God, so that He can be poured out onto others, bringing peace, comfort, love, and grace in more ways than words.
No comments:
Post a Comment