Friday, April 20, 2018

A Psalm

     I wrote this psalm in response to a university class course prompt.
     It is meant to focus on the attributes of God. Please enjoy and I would urge you to try the same--even if it is just a few lines. Focus on who God is, and not necessarily who He is only in relation to who you are, but truly who he is unto His own entity. You may find it harder than you expect to maintain an outward focus, but I assure you it is worth the experience of praise and reflection. 



My Lord, I do not see you;
Yet You surround me.

From the time I was a child you were my Comforter;
When the darkness came You brought me peace.

There are times when I feel distant;
Yet You are always near.

You are constant; 
You are steadfast.

Forgive when I do not echo You in these ways;
Let me be Your vessel.

May my voice rise louder than the wind in praise to You;
You alone are worthy.

I will not be silent when even the stones sing;
The fruits of the field wave in your honor.  

Your presence is hallow ground;
Your dwelling place is Sacred.

Let not the peoples of the world forget Your mighty name; 
Save your remnant.

I wonder at your greatness;
The breath of your Spirit surrounds me.

I feel the rushing wind;
The fire burns within.

The passion filling my soul is the pouring of your truth;
Must we persist while surrounded by immorality?

You raise up Your people, Lord;
Let Your victory over the earth be proclaimed before the nations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment